Elementary Geometry From An Advanced Point of View, Fall 2016
- Zhenghui Huo, Cupples I, 107, firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom and Time
- Cupples I 113, MWF 3:00-4:00
- Tue 2-4pm, in my office: Cupples I 107
- The Four Pillars of Geometry by John Stillwell.
- This course includes a rigorous modern treatment of Euclidean geometry, and an introduction to non-Euclidean geometry.We will cover the material of Chapters 1-5 and Chapters 7-8.
- There will be weekly homework sets, due Wed in class. Homwork due dates will be strict; however, I will drop the two lowest homework scores. You may work with classmates on the homework. However, you must write up your answers individually, and credit your collaborators. The more problems you work through the better!!! I encourage you to do more than just the problems assigned as homework.
- There will be two exams: a take-home midterm exam due on Wednesday, October 12, 2016, and a take-home final exam due on December 16, 2016.
- Homework: 30%, In-class work 10%, Midterm 25%, Final: 35%.