Steven Frankel's Homepage
My CV is available here.
I am interested in geometric topology and dynamics, especially in combination: 3-manifolds, foliations, and hyperbolic geometry, quasigeodesic and pseudo-Anosov flows, partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms, generalized pseudo-Anosov maps, groups acting on circles and trees, etc.
You can watch short talks about quasigeodesic flows here and here.
- Quasigeodesic flows and Mobius-like groups (PDF, arXiv), J. Diff. Geom. 93 (2013), no. 3, 401-429.
- Quasigeodesic flows from infinity (PDF), PhD thesis, University of Cambridge (2013).
- Quasigeodesic flows and sphere-filling curves (PDF, arXiv), Geom. Topol. 19 (2015), no. 3, 1249-1262.
- Coarse hyperbolicity and closed orbits for quasigeodesic flows, (PDF, arXiv), Ann. of Math. (2) 188 (2018), no. 1, 1-48.
- Partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms homotopic to the identity (Announcement) (with T. Barthelme, S. Fenley, and R. Potrie), in preparation.
- From quasigeodesic to pseudo-Anosov: laminar decompositions and orbit semi-stability, preprint available by request.
- Laminar decompositions and surface maps, in preparation.