Steven Frankel's Homepage
My CV is available here.
I am interested in geometric topology and dynamics, especially in combination: 3-manifolds, foliations, and hyperbolic geometry, quasigeodesic and pseudo-Anosov flows, partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms, generalized pseudo-Anosov maps, groups acting on circles and trees, etc.
You can watch short talks about quasigeodesic flows here and here.
- Quasigeodesic flows and Mobius-like groups,
J. Diff. Geom. 93 (2013), no. 3, 401-429
- Quasigeodesic flows from infinity,
PhD thesis, University of Cambridge (2013)
- Quasigeodesic flows and sphere-filling curves,
Geom. Topol. 19 (2015), no. 3, 1249-1262
- Coarse hyperbolicity and closed orbits for quasigeodesic flows,
Ann. of Math. (2) 188 (2018), no. 1, 1-48
- Partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms homotopic to the identity in dimension 3 (with T. Barthelme, S. Fenley, and R. Potrie),
- From quasigeodesic to pseudo-Anosov: laminar decompositions and orbit semi-stability,
preprint available upon request
- Dynamical incoherence for a large class of partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms (with T. Barthelme, S. Fenley, and R. Potrie),
- Laminar decompositions and surface maps,